EXCESSICA CONDITIONS OF USE
Copyright on this Web Site, including all materials included in it, is owned by or licensed to eXcessica, and all rights are reserved. You must abide by all copyright notices and restrictions contained on the Site.
You may not copy, distribute, enter into a database, display, perform, create derivative works of, transmit, or otherwise use any materials from the Web Site (including audiovisual material, text, graphics or computer programs or other code) ("Site Materials"), except that (1) you may access and view and eBook materials pursuant to the terms of the eXcessicaEnd User License Agreement offered during the process of purchasing a license for limited use of the eBook content, or (2) you may download one machine-readable copy of the Site Materials (other than eBook content) only for personal, noncommercial use. You agree not to alter the text, graphics or audiovisual content, and to refrain from removing any trademark, copyright, or other notice displayed on the Site Materials.
The Web Site, including all information included therein, is provided "as is," with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or of the results obtained from the use of this information.
Comments, Reviews, and Posts by Visitors
1. Submissions to the Site: We welcome you to post informative and insightful content, including commentary, subject to your agreement to comply with the Conditions of Use. Please be aware that in order to operate the Site or redistribute materials you post to the Site or otherwise submit to us, we require certain rights in those materials. So, by posting to the Site or otherwise transmitting comments, pieces, ideas or other information in any form (collectively, "Submissions") to us, you grant to us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right (including any moral rights) and license (with a right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based on, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other provider of the Submissions. You also permit any Site participant to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Submissions for personal use.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your Chat ID as well.
Although eXcessica has no obligation to monitor the Submissions, you acknowledge and agree that we may do one or all of the following: (a) monitor the Submissions; (b) alter, edit, or remove any Submission in whole or in part, at our sole discretion; or (c) disclose any Submissions. This section will survive any termination or expiration of these Conditions of Use.
2. Site Submission Rules: We have adopted the "Site Submission Rules" set forth below to create a Site where information can be shared in a productive way. While using the Site, you agree to adhere to the Site Community Rules below.
You agree to:
• Respect other Site participants - please do not threaten, insult, abuse, intimidate or harass other Site participants.
• Use the Site for your personal use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own projects or commercial interests is not allowed.
You agree not to:
• Post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Site participant without his or her express consent.
• Post any content, information or disclosures that could be a violation of any state, federal, or local statute, regulation, code or common law principle.
• Post any content to the Site that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups.
• Post any content to the Site that infringes any third-party's intellectual property or other rights.
• Use the Site for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
• Use the Site for advertisements, political campaigning, chain letters, "spamming," survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including anyeXcessica employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• Imply or state thateXcessica endorses any of your statements or positions.
• Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to the Site, or otherwise "hack" or deface any portion of the Site.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our prior written authorization.
You acknowledge thateXcessica has the right, but not the obligation, to modify or remove, any Submissions that violate the Site Rules or that otherwise violate the Conditions of Use.
3. eXcessica's Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy: You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the Site will remain the property of eXcessica and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by eXcessica(including photographs, graphics, video and audio content, if any) are protected by copyright including, where applicable, as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by eXcessicaare also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced byeXcessica.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the Site (collectively the "Marks") are the registered and unregistered trademarks ofeXcessica, eXcessica's licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the Site not owned by eXcessica are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by eXcessica, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is noteXcessica's.
4. Your Additional Representations and Warranties: You represent and warrant to eXcessica that (a) you have full power and authority to enter into this Conditions of Use; (b) your Submissions are original to you or you have obtained all permissions, releases, rights or licenses required to grant the rights and assignments granted herein without obtaining any further releases or consents; (c) and your Submissions do not violate, infringe or misappropriate any third party's copyright, trademark, right of privacy or publicity, or other personal or proprietary right, and do not contain any matter that is defamatory, or protected from disclosure by any law or regulation.
5. Information Available on or Through the Site: Some information made available on or through the Site is provided by third parties or other Site participants (such information referred to as "Third-Party Content"). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Site does not indicate any approval or endorsement by eXcessica of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on the Site by any user or other third party. eXcessica is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
6. Links: Site participants may, on occasion, include links to other web sites and resources in their postings. Because eXcessica has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that eXcessica does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. eXcessicashall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to the Site through technological or other means, without prior notice.
7. Claims of Copyright Infringement: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights underU.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by eXcessicainfringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to:
eXcessica publishing, LLC
P.O. Box 127
Alpena MI 49707
With a copy to email@example.com
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that meets the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details current as of the date of these Conditions of Use, includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that
material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers who are repeat infringers
How to Contact Us
eXcessica publishing, LLC
P.O. Box 127
Alpena MI 49707